What is the distinction between noise vs. music. Is it simply that noise is unpleasant sound and that music is a pleasant sound? I don' t think the distinction is like that. I think the distinction between noise vs. music is complex. The reason I think the distinction between noise and music is complex is because not all music is pleasant to someone's ears. Everyone's ears has a different way or determination what sounds pleasant to them and what doesn't. For example, someone might enjoy the sound a pen clicking while someone else could think that sound is annoying.
Does there need to be a certain percentage of people that find a sound pleasing in order to know the distinction between noise and music? If so, what would that percentage be?
When reading that there is a difference between music and noise, it shocked me in a way. I know that noise usually has bad connotations but I have also heard it is some good contexts. Noise vs. music--hopefully someday there will be a good description of their differences.
Friday, May 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment