How much does much influence you? Is music just something you listen to or has it become a part of you?
I think that music has a lot of impact on society. I think it influences people more than they realize sometimes. People in the music industry have become icons and are role models to people. Whatever the say or do is taken seriously and people try to imitate them. Musicians are not just people who make music; rather, they are people whose make music that can influence people positively and negatively. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
It depends whether this influence is a good or bad thing. If the musician is fighting for good causes and sending out a "good" message then it is good. However, what is a "good" message? To me, a good message things such as acceptance of others and a need for change. Music that suggests the degrading of women though is a negative message. I believe that music such as rap music does this. Yes, some rap songs are not like this but when you watch music videos, all they do is degrade the women.
Overall, I think music has a major influence on society whether we realize it or not. It can influence some more than others but everyone to an extent is impacted by music.
Friday, April 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The arts frequently embody a kind of misogyny; it's an unfortunate reflex of popular culture.
Post a Comment