Freud's Dream Theory: is it correct or not? After reading the transcript called, "The dream debate", I thought that Freud's theroy was correct. One reason I believe that his theory is correct is by Soames defending it through saying that dreams protect us in our sleep. I believe that dreams protect us because they allow our wishes to come true in our sleep without them actually occuring. It allows us to secretly explore something that we are too afraid to explore in real life. Soames states this by saying that dreams are, “imagined acting…” happens“…instead of acting in reality, so that we don’t have to wake up” (“The dream debate” 5).
Another reason why I believe in Freud's Dream Theory is due to Soames stating that his theory cannot be falsified which means it is not science and cannot be tested. By stating this, it gives reasoning to why Freud did not test his theory with other people's dreams. Even though most people seem to feel that Soames argument is somewhat hypocritcal, I still believe that Freud's Dream Theory is correct.
Saturday, December 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Post a Comment