The reading on Marxism by far was the most confusing one for me to read. I think I understand the concepts, but I had to read it more than once to understand it completely.
The statement is the essay that really sparked my interest was when Marx said, “Philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.” (Marx 4). I thought this was interesting because it showed how the point of philosophy is to view one person's philosophies and make your own philosophy through what you learned. I think this is interesting because I have not ever though of philosophy in that way. It makes me realize that it is a process of learning from others' ideas.
Overall, I really thought The Theses of Feuerbach was very interesting. I am looking forward for the class discussions about Marxism today.
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That thesis was the inspiration for the title of the Philosophy Department's review, Thesis XII.
Post a Comment