Wednesday's discussion on what an honors student should be was very informational. It gave me more of a sense what the honors program is about and what students should expect from it. One interesting point that Professor Silliman brought up is that he wanted honors students to be involved in extra-curricular activities. I thought that was interesting because the stereotype I had about an honors student was somone who constantly did their homework and just focused on the intellectual side of things. By him stating this, it showed me that I can still be involved in extra- curricular activities and do my work for my honors classes in a high enough standard.
The quality of an honors student that I agree with the most is the one of being open-minded. I believe that this is important because in order to learn anything from anyone, you must be open-minded and willing to accept the fact that what you think could be wrong. Also, it shows that an honors student is not expected to know everything right away. This quality shows how honors students can learn from one another through their open-mindness and gain more knowledge.
Another quality I thought was important was motivation. This is important because an honors students need to be motivated to do there best and research things they do not understand. An honors student should be very interested in the honors class they choose in order to excel in them to the best of their ability.
This was very informational and am happy we did this.
Friday, November 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment