When discussing Nature vs. Nurture, the topic of stay at home mothers was raised. Do children with stay home mothers have a better life since there mother was constantly around when they were younger? I really wonder if stay home moms make that much of a difference in a child's life. My mom was not a stay at home mother, I came out fine. Do stay at home mothers help their students grow more or does it hinder them more? Questions like this kept coming into my mind when this topic was discussed.
I have friends who have stay at home mothers, and I do not see that much of a difference in our upbringings. The only difference is that there moms were always there. My mom had to work; therefore, she was not there for everything, but was there for the most important events of my life. This question of the impact of a stay at home mother boggles my mind, and I hope to see if that truly makes a difference in the nature vs. nurture debate.
Friday, November 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
the factor of stay at home mom is not the only factor. my mom was a sgtay at home mom, and i have a relationship with her that is more of friend than mother/daughter. but, this could also be because my parents have become very laid back. my father works all the time, but he is one of my best friends, so i think that it is more than just the factor of stay at home parent. it depends on how that parent is with their child. i think sometimes that it is best if the parent isnt home.
Post a Comment