Can Christians be scientists? To some people, this appears to be a very controversial topic due there being a major conflict between science and Christianity: evolutions vs. creation. When we talked about this in class, I was very pleased to see how many people believed Christians can also be scientists. Trying to find the quote my old chemistry teacher said, I found an interesting article that answers this question. Here is the link:http://www.grisda.org/resources/dialogue_0708.htm. I am going to read about it and later post about it.
When trying to find the quote, I also stumbled upon another article about can Christians be scientists. Even though this one does not seem nearly as interesting as the one I provided the link for, it was interesting to see how many famous scientists were Christians. For example, George Washington Carver was both a Christian and a scientist. (http://forerunner.com/mandate/X0075_Can_Scientists_Be_Ch.html)--link for less interesting article.
Can being a Christian hinder your knowledge as a science? From my knowledge, I do not think so. I learned a lot from my Christian chemistry teacher and sometimes a lot more than my friends in the local public school. However, I am not engraving my position on this. I hope to be able to contact my friend who recently took a college level biology class at his Christian college to see what his view is on this issue.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment