Can we always have doubt? This question was recently discussed when discussing von Glasersfeld and radical contructvisim. I believe that yes, we can always have doubt. People doubt the unknown. It is inevitable. However, the more important question is how much power/control does doubt have on us? Is doubt something we should worry about or is it normal?
The situation of being in a car accident was brought up. For example, my car has been hit by another car twice in the exact same spot. So should I doubt that I can drive through that intersection without being hit? Yes, I should doubt it to an extent (which I do). I know how easily it can happen. It makes me fully aware of my surroundings when driving there. However, should I let the doubt control my life?
No, I believe letting doubt control me is ridiculous. Right after being hit by the car, I do understand. Although I believe as time goes on, so does the doubt. The doubt lessens in my mind and makes me more comfortable driving in that area.
I believe that doubt should not control your life. Yes, it is okay to doubt things. I believe that at one time or another, everyone doubts something. However, I doubt think it should be such a major factor in someone's life that it changes their lifestyle. The key to having doubt is being able to control it and not let it overpower your life.
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sometimes, though, isn't something like a cr accident so traumatizing that the doubt controls you wheter you like it or not?
-nikki
Post a Comment