Where does our knowledge come from? It is purely "book-smarts" or based on our experiences? I believe that our knowledge to an extent can come from both "book-smarts" and our experiences. Our "book-smart" knowledge comes from what we read for school. It is the knowledge we gain about certain subjects. The knowledge we gain from experiences comes from the people around us. Also, the knowledge we gain from experiences is intertwined with the knowledge that other people gain from one another. However, which "type" of knowledge is more important?
I believe that the knowledge we gain from experiences is more important than "book-smart" knowledge. Knowledge that we gain from others helps shape who we become. It is more valuable because it helps us learn from other people's mistakes. It helps the human race as a whole progress. Overall, I believe that we gain a lot of knowledge both from textbooks and others.
Saturday, February 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment