Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Is There Really a Middle Ground?
Is there really a middle ground? After talking in class today, I realized that I don't believe there is a middle ground. It seems like the supernaturalists need to compromise more than the naturalists. Why do supernaturalists have to compromise more than the naturalists? Are a supernaturalist's views too extreme for a naturalist to compromise for? I hope that people will leave comments to help me answer this because this is a question that makes me wonder whether we can coexist peacefully or not. What if some radical religious people do not want to compromise more than naturalists?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
To me- it seems as though the supernatural world has more to compromise than naturalists because there are so many religions. When we talk about the natural world, we only associate science. Rather the supernatural world is plural: religions. The supernatural world has yet to find a middle ground amongst themselves, so how can they compromise with the natural world when they are constantly in disagreement? Perhaps I just raised even more questions...
I agree with Hannah. there is so much disagreement within the religious world there is alot of work that needs to be done before they can even think about finding a common ground with naturalists.
There's always a middle ground to everything, because there's always gonna be people who a) dont care enough to have an opinion or b) really dont know who to side with. As for everyone getting along, its never gonna happen. Think back to all the history classes youve taken since you were a kid. They all talk about warring religions and nothings changed. people are too stubborn to accept that there is more than just their one way to look at things.
Post a Comment