Saturday, March 15, 2008

Questions About Atheism/Conclusion to topic

After our discussions about Agnosticism and Atheism, I realized that I do not know that much about Atheism. All I really know is that they do not believe that God exists.

When discussing Atheism, I wondered what their explanations for miracles are. Do they not believe in miracles or not? I know it might sound like a dumb question, but I have no idea what an Atheist's view on this is. Also, do they believe in heaven and hell, an afterlife, etc.
______________________________________________________________________

Through discussing Atheism and Agnosticism, I have learned a lot. Even though I still believe that Agnosticism is more rational, I do believe that the argument for Atheism is good. I feel that people have a bias on their view on this topic, whether they realize it or not. People who are Atheists believe that Atheism is more rational and Agnostics believe that Agnosticism is more rational. Also, I think that people who are religious tend to think Agnosticism is more rational due to them believing that there is a God. It's one of those topics that there really cannot be a "right" answer because has a bias depending on their religious status.

2 comments:

David K. Braden-Johnson said...

Most atheists will reject as unfounded or nonsensical ALL references to that which purports to transcend the natural realm.

Nikki said...

1. I am pretty sure that since athiests do not believe in God, they are not likely to believe in heaven and hell--if they did they would have to be a theist of some sort.
2. I believe that there is a higher power--I am neither agnostic nor athiest, and I believe that atiesm makes more sense. I am only bringing it up, because I got the vibe that you would think that someone who was unsure of exactly what is out there would lean more toward agnosticism. I have no idea what said higher power is, but if I had to choose, I would go with athiesm....I don't believe that either are very rational though.